Friday, January 14, 2011

Birthdays!









Yay for birthdays!! Evalynn and I both got to celebrate our birthdays this month.......and they were fabulous! For Eva's, we started off the day with banana pancakes and a skype chat with her Daddy, followed by a visit to Uncle Max and Aunt Barbara's house for lunch and Penn State football, then back home to Grandma and Grandpa Schein's house for a family birthday celebration filled with aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, TOYS, cupcakes and lots of yummy food. It was an awesome day! I can't believe my little girl is already one.......I now know why parents say that.....it goes too quick!

For me, I got to spend the morning with my lovely little lady and my wonderful father-in-law. We headed to New Braunfels, a sweet community about 25 minutes from Canyon Lake, for tasty German pastries from one of the oldest bakeries in Texas....they did not disappoint! I think I will be making a few more trips there before I leave in February. that evening Jon's parents treated me to dinner in Gruene, another awesome community close to their house, for a wonderful dinner and an evening of dancing at Gruene Hall......a cool, historic dance hall. Not a bad way to start of my last year in my 20's!

No comments: