Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Can you say "Kejimkujik"




Jon and I decided to take the recent long weekend as an opportunity to explore one of the coolest National Parks here in Nova Scotia. It was a quick trip.....just over 24 hours, but we had a great time....for the most part.....ha! Poor Jon got the raw end of the deal when we had to portage our canoe 6 times. However, I am married to a wonderful and very strong man, so he managed it well.
Aside from the whole lugging of the canoe, we had an awesome time paddling lakes and quiet steams, camping next to a lake you could hop in for a swim and sleeping in the rain under the protection of our warm tent. Though I still can't pronounce Kejimkujik, I would go back again in a heartbeat!

3 comments:

normanrey said...

I love all the pictures you take! Were you holding a fishing rod or a drumstick?

normanrey said...

Umm... I just thought about it... you couldn't have taken the first picture, ha-ha!

April said...

Haha! Thanks Norman! I love all your posts too :)